Sunday 22 November 2009

Return from Leeds

Right, I'm very knackered. Been a hectic day or so in Leeds. Did not intend on staying over and as a consequence flopped on the floor of a hotel room- not all that much sleep, and a miasma of socks and ass gas seemed to hang around at floor level.

But, had a really good weekend - had a few adventures, few drinks and lots of fun.

I managed to give a few flyers out for the "Brave, Brave Idiots" and if you've reported back here as a consequence, WELCOME!

I'll try and explain the intention of the anthology using this very weekend, this actual Sunday evening, right now as an illustration.
Had such a good time at Thought Bubble and now, I can feel tomorrow morning creeping in around the peripheries as I type. I know that as I'm sat at my desk, in my office, with all of those people to call and problems to sort out; all of those brightly coloured post-it notes and my missing pens I'll get a flashback to Leeds - whether it be an attack of the guffaws when the "hobo-flash" walked past, or...I don't know - just talking to people who I have things in common with. It is damned good fun being in one of those convention rooms. It is something that I rarely experience at the day-job.

I imagine over the coming blogs I will explain more, but as
my hangover has finally
gone it's probably a good time to retire into an actual bed.

I think I should boil the idea for this book down into a catchy phrase. I'll work on this.

But for the timebeing, let me say that the anthology, when finished, is not intended to be a moan against working as a concept; I love to work, and if you're in the small press/alt-comics scene it will probably be the same. The day-job sometimes feels like the hobby, and the proper work starts when I get home. I think the main objection is the sacrifice of my enjoyment for the sake of paying the bills.

I KNOW WHAT I WOULD RATHER BE DOING!

later


No comments:

Post a Comment